Methamphetamine possession is regulated under 720 ILCS 646 – Methamphetamine Control and Community Protection Act.
Here are some facts about Methamphetamine use in Illinois and the United States.
- Methamphetamine accounts for 80 to 90% of clandestine lab production.
- In the past 15 years it has become far easier to produce
- Detailed instructions are available online
- Most ingredients are relatively easy-to-acquire
Types of Labs include: Small scale labs, Commercial labs “Super” labs, and • Hybrid labs
Common Ingredients for creating Methamphetamine include:
- Drain cleaner
- Lithium batteries
- Anhydrous ammonia
- Red phosphorous
- Starter fluid (ethyl ether)
- Muriatic or hydrochloric acid
- Drain cleaner/Lye (sodium hydroxide)
- Ephedrine or pseudoephedrine
Common Equipment for creating Methamphetamine include:
- Chemical, Pyrex, recycling
- Jugs, bottles or buckets
- Plastic storage containers
- Soda bottles
- Blenders or grinders
- Rubber tubing
- Gas cans
- Propane cylinders
- Hot plates
- Coffee filters
The average cook produces about 12 lbs of methamphetamine and 77 lbs of toxic waste per year
Below are listed recognized Methamphetamine Labs across the United States according to the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) in 2012.